Subscribe with iTunes
Subscribe with Spotify
Subscribe with Stitcher
How do you effectively market your community college’s programs of study, when it is impossible for you to be an expert on all of them?
Today I chat with Megan Hoose from HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College. She shares her approach on how she and her team have not only solved this problem, but she also shares their detailed process for how you can do the same at your community college.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why having this process in place is so important
- What specific questions you should ask department/program heads, in order to get the information most important to prospective students
- How to act when you encounter resistance
- Common mistakes, and how to avoid them
- Why building in some flexibility to your process is vital
Megan Hoose is the Integrated Marketing Communications Coordinator for Student Recruitment at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College. She leads the strategic planning between HACC’s integrated marketing communications firm and the College for student recruitment campaigns. She also develops, executes and assesses the year-long integrated marketing communications plan for student recruitment. She’s served as an integral part in increasing the number of applications for admissions, building awareness of the College’s programs and leading first-time social media campaigns. Hoose has more than 14 years of marketing, advertising and public relations experience in the nonprofit, education and agency settings. She earned a bachelor’s degree in speech communication from Kutztown University.