Subscribe with iTunes
Subscribe with Spotify
Subscribe with Stitcher
If your community college has athletics programs, there are a number of ways to showcase sports in your campaign to drive more enrollment and retention.
Today, I chat with Russell Moore from Wallace State Community College. He shares some easy ways you can incorporate athletics into your marketing campaign in a way that will make an impact on athletes and non-athletes alike.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How sports can drive a sense of community and involvement to all students
- Creative ways to incorporate athletics into your marketing program
- Insight into the lives of athletes and how their stories can be used
- Ideas for capturing photos and videos at sporting events
- Things to consider even if your college does not offer an athletic program
Russell Moore is Wallace State Community College’s Creative and Content Services Coordinator, working in the Communications and Marketing Department. Russell, 36, performs many duties for the college, including serving as one of the primary public relations contacts and the sports information director, providing publicity and awareness for 12 teams on campus. He’s one of the college’s social media managers, updating their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages on a daily basis. He also serves as an adjunct speech instructor. Russell, a Hartselle native, graduated from Auburn University in 2004 with a bachelor’s in print journalism and a master’s in strategic communication from Troy University in 2016. In his spare time, Russell has umpired baseball for 18 years and is a huge Atlanta Braves fan.