Subscribe with iTunes
Subscribe with Spotify
Subscribe with Stitcher
Promoting a community college to a rural service area. Transitioning from a private four-year university to a public two-year institution. Balancing traditional media with modern options.
These are just some of the challenges that Jeff Macharyas, MS, is facing as Director of Communications, Marketing and Media at Rappahannock Community College.
Starting in publishing, moving to agency life as a creative director, and then managing communications at two four-year universities in New York(St. Lawrence University and Clarkson University), Jeff has recently settled in at RCC.
His collection of unique experiences allow him to share so much when it comes to all aspects of community college marketing and communications.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How working at a community college is different than a private four-year university, and how that experience helps him
- How to reach prospective students in a rural service area
- Why and how all of your efforts should “tell the story” of your college
- How print is still relevant in today’s digital world, and how to manage costs
- How to balance a budget among traditional/modern capabilities
- And much more!
Connect with Jeff:
Comments about this episode? Have an idea for a future episode? Please let me know! Email me, Zach Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.
The Community College Marketing Show is made possible by Rekrewt, the leading digital marketing agency for community colleges. Rekrewt works with community colleges to generate awareness, increase enrollment, and improve retention.